Camping, campfires, and the great outdoors – get ready for your next camping experience with these brilliant camping ideas.
1. You can effectively keep food protected with a shower cap.
2. Attach a leather belt to a tree trunk to give yourself a place to hang up various items while camping.
3. An umbrella hung upside down from a branch is a great way to protect food from marauding ants.
4. Corn chips for kindling! Doritos are a great way to start a fire
5. Use an acorn cap as a whistle if you get lost.
6. If you’re planning a feast around the campfire, take some tin foil with you. This works wonders for keeping food fresh, allowing you to prepare things like…
7. Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil is a surprisingly good mosquito repellent.
8. DIY Shower: All you need is a watering can and a large jug.
9. The best camping food: make a strip of dough, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, twist on a skewer, and roast over the campfire.
10. Lots of little things we need on a daily basis can easily disappear when on a camping trip. If you lose your spoon, make a new one from a plastic bottle.
11. Use sage to repel mosquitoes.
12. You can do the same to get another campfire classic: sausage rolls.
13. Bottles of frozen water can help keep other food and drink chilled when heading out for a picnic.
14. Use compact, microfibre towels!
15. Try making apple pie in a can. You won’t be disappointed!
16. Turn a bottle into a spoon.
17. Wrap duct tape around your water bottle for emergencies.
18. Carry some essentials in a small tin with you at all times.
19. You can make instant coffee packets using coffee filters and dental floss.
20. Carry some essentials in a small tin with you at all times.
21. If you have an old Tic Tac box or a tablet organizer, you can use them for bringing various spices or other little bits and pieces with you on your trip.
22. You can make a candle from orange peel and some oil.
23. Use a stick to secure your tent.
24. Instead of taking a big bar of soap with you everywhere you go, just cut off a small slice for use when you’re away.
25. You can make an omelet with ease in a pan of water with the help of a plastic bag.
26. Vacuum seal your food before you leave.
27. Keep your toiletries handy.
28. Take toothpaste dots instead of a whole tube.
29. Tic-Tac boxes are great for storing ingredients.
30. Out in the wild, glasses and cups are always getting lost or spilling everywhere. Use a muffin tray to overcome this problem.