There are millions of photographs from all over the world that tell the historical past. In this article, we gathered 32 of the most striking historical shots.
1. Charlie Chapin in 1916. He's 27 years old in this photo.
2. Anne Frank’s father Otto, revisiting the attic where they hid from the Nazis. He was the only surviving family member.
3. Men celebrating the end of the prohibition, December 5, 1933. This was the time when people were prohibited from selling, producing, and transporting alcohol in the United States.
4. Female students in Port Washington were creating propaganda posters during World War II.
5. A beggar catches up with the carriage of King George the V
6. German fraternity mirror selfie, 1912
7. A woman riding an Autoped, an early version of an electric scooter, produced from 1915 to 1921.
8. Coca-Cola advertisement in Venice
9. Cutting a sunbeam, 1886
10. Apeman found in the jungles of Brazil, 1937
11. Princess Elizabeth II serving in the Women’s Auxillary Territorial Service
12. Testing a bulletproof vest, 1923
13. Mark Twain in Tesla’s lab. Telsa and Twain were good friends despite the fact that the writer was 21 years older than Tesla.
14. The construction of the Golden Gate Bridge from 1933 to 1937. It was the biggest bridge from 1937 to 1964.
15. The last Thylacine on the planet
16. Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and George V of the United Kingdom. They look very similar but they are actually cousins.
17. The first daguerreotype of Abraham Lincoln. It was made by Nicholas Shepherd in 1846.
18. David Bowie at the age of 16
19. Girls delivering ice, 1918
20. When the 2 sides finally meet: British and French tunnel engineers greet each other at the breakthrough point in the Channel Tunnel, 1990.
21. Leningrad during the USSR, the 1970s
22. A soldier is helping a boy get over the Berlin Wall.
23. The real Alice in Wonderland: Alice Liddell — the little girl who was the inspiration for Lewis Caroll’s famous novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
24. A lipstick test, 1950.
25. Robin Williams dressed as a cheerleader, 1979.
26. Healing a back problem with a bear. Romania, 1946.
27. Einstein on the beach, 1939.
28. A machine for spraying perfume, 1952.
29. Ernest Hemingway fishing, 1904.
30. Players from the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Black Hawks search for a contact lens lost by Jack Evans, 1962.
31. Gagarin at a Carlsberg factory, 1962.
32. Acrobats perform on the Empire State Building, 1934.