Perhaps you are one of those people who love repeating their wardrobe time and time again. That's fine! But there are ways to upgrade your wardrobe to make you appear prepared though you know you're not.
1. Rely on the magic of a trendy maxi dress — they're about as easy as it gets.
“I'm so glad I got this dress. I love it! I'm 5'4″ 180 lbs with sort of a pear shape and I ordered a medium size. I love the way it fits and looks. Very comfy. I can dress it up or down. It's a little long, so heels are a must.” – TWyatt
2. Colorblock your ensemble as an interesting twist to your usual attire by grabbing staples you probably already have lying around.
“The bomb. Fits like a glove, great color, and length. Hugs curves just right. 0X is true to size.” – Gynelle M.
3. Overcome outfit boredom with the “third piece rule.”
The next time you find yourself in the same pants and top for the billionth time but don't want to think of something else, just layer on an extra element like a frayed, denim jacket or cardigan vest that'll instantly make your outfit look brand-new.
4. Wear neutrals
Elevating your wardrobe should always start with keeping it simple. A monochromatic look is easy to pull off. Just start by gathering pieces you already own and organizing your closet by color.
5. Style the same crop top
A very affordable striped, mock-neck crop top worn by Victoria Justice, Bella Thorne, and Willow Shields.
6. Mimic the feeling of loose sweats with a pair of flowy wide-leg pants.
Great casual pants for work,party,or daily. Looking like a skirt. You can match them with a fancy shirt and high heels.
7. Twist your blouse so that it's tied in the front for a whole new approach to wearing the same exact tops you always throw on.
“Wow I love this top. I was wary of ordering something that didn't have any reviews yet or any sizing info but glad I did. I like to cover up my body, even in summer. This top is so breezy and lightweight. It's perfect. I ordered a second one in another colour just now.” – Victoria
8. Inject colour with accessories
If you are a neutral girl through and through and have trouble straying away from black and white, this one is for you girl! Accessories are the easiest way to add some vibrancy when you want to amp up your outfit just the slightest. Think a red cross-body bag and some red tassel earrings to add a bit of excitement to your white tee and blue jeans look.
9. Create a polished appearance with nothing more than an inexpensive crop top.
“This was the PERFECT FIT! The material is so nice, it has the appearance and texture of high end crepe fabric, but it's also comfortable, flexible and stretchy. It hugs the body so nicely and looks so fancy!” – Nawara
10. Finish your outfit with a pair of classic ballerina flats to lend your look a polished effect.
Ballet flats just get better with the passing of every fashion phase. The design is so much versatility that you can wear those flats with basic outfits to the workplace and can also carry them with grace to dinner and hang-outs.
11. Get statement earrings
A season-specific accessory is a great “trend” to have because it’s one of the easiest ways to bring your outfit up a notch. This season, statement earrings are all the rage!
12. Throw on some marble-patterned barrettes to easily polish the very same ensembles you've been wearing for months.
Easy matching hair barrettes go well with dresses, shirts, coat, and various hairstyles, the nice hair accessory is for girls and women to attend ceremonies, birthday, graduation party, etc
13. Get an alteration
Sometimes a simple alteration is all you need to freshen up an existing favorite and make it more modern.
14. Learn new ways to tie your scarf so your outfits get a whole new ~twist~.
Whether it is knit, silk, or infniity, scarves are a universal favorite for the upcoming chilly months.
15. Look for Timeless, High-Quality Pieces
Timeless fashion pieces are a must, and investing in quality, potentially higher-end items pays off. Plus, they retain their value and never go out of style.
16. Get a whole new wardrobe every month.
Get a whole new wardrobe every month without the hefty bill by joining a fashion subscription service, like Frank and Oak.
17. Get the most use out of a classic LBD by styling it in different ways.
“Great style and fit–have bought two of these dresses so far, and hope to buy more. Great summer attire–wash and hang dry quickly.” – Shoe Prof
18. Use a sneaker-cleaning kit to bring your favorite white sneakers back to practically new.
“I just got this and immediately used it on my dirtiest pair of shoes and wow I am impressed! I’ve had these shoes for a little over a year, they are my favorite shoes to just throw on and run errands so they aren't working shoes by any means.” – Amazon Customer
19. Make your outfits look more expensive than they really are with nothing more than an embroidered top.
“Love this top for spring! it's a great silhouette that fits true to size and I'm so in love with the sheer panel in front!” – Wild Will
20. Give pieces you've had for years new life by pairing them with a pattern you've never considered before.
One basic rule of fashion is always about having an elegant balance to your outfits, and this will only go perfectly to this mixing technique if you understand the balance between scales, colors, themes of the patterns. When you’re mixing your own patterns, look for a connection: It could be a color, a shape, a silhouette.
21. Take a Lesson in Layering
Layering clothes well makes the wearer look chic and sophisticated. In addition, layering is quite practical, enabling an individual to be prepared for a wider temperature range without having to totally alter an outfit.
22. Use your existing jewelry and accessories.
You can use a beaded necklace to spice up a dress that is otherwise simple. When you go out, you can stack bracelets together to pump up the appearance of your simple jeans and t-shirt. With a little more bling, you'll be amazed how different your outfits would look.
23. Flaunt what you love so getting dressed doesn't feel like a chore.
Love your body, it's the most wonderful thing you'll ever have. Part of loving your body? Finding the perfect piece you feel incredible in … whether it's because of it that gives you an extra boost of confidence whenever you wear it or accentuates your uniquely beautiful figure just like that.
24. Add some trendy appeal to your looks by wearing noncommittal ear cuffs on your cartilage.
Think of ear cuffs and climbers as the completely uncommitted manner to add a little more thrill to your earring game— without adding more holes to your ears. The market is full of various shapes and patterns, including constellations, snakes, abstract loops, and easy silhouettes to play with.
25. Revamp the classic white blouse with an off-the-shoulder version.
“I loved everything about this top from the perfect little ties at the sleeves to the beautiful drape around my shoulders and tummy, every imperfection was hidden.” – Melissa
26. If you're *extra* proud of your waist, a cinched romper will make the world feel like your own personal catwalk.
Convenient two sides pockets, Sleeveless, and flattering cut, give you so much room in the legs. These rompers and jumpsuit are really eye-catching and great for this summer season.
27. ~Top off~ even your most casual outfits (looking at you, favorite leggings) with a structured, oversized blazer.
Perfect your office look with our chic double-breasted jacket in grey check. Wear it with the matching trousers for work or stylish social occasions.
28. Find a pair of high-waisted jeans that make you look and feel your best.
Super soft, super comfortable & lightweight. Jeans that lift, shape & give you balanced support.
29. Master the ~half tuck~ that somehow always updates even oversized T-shirts from humdrum to stylish for exactly $0.
“I bought a white shirt in L and it fit me perfectly but I will say these shirts are loose but clingy. I loved this shirt because the material is super soft but it clung to my tummy a little too tight than I liked and I am apple shaped so it was not flattering.” – Madiikins
30. Keep your clothes off The Chair and on a chic metal garment rack.
The minimalist and functional style of this clothing rack and its glossy black finish matches most spaces at home or at the workplace; it has an outer powder-coated layer to protect it from water and rust.
31. Fool people into thinking you spent more time getting ready than you did by throwing your hair into a bun.
Did you wake up feeling less than fresh? Your hair won't cooperate, your jeans aren’t fitting right, and you’d just rather crawl back in bed than tackle the day? No time to fix your hair? Throw your hair into a bun.
32. Accessorize with a popular Daniel Wellington metal mesh watch that'll make every work, casual, or whatever outfit instantly look more sophisticated.
The Classic Petite Sterling with a black dial is an outstanding combination of style and attitude. It is a true designer statement and the perfect watch for any occasion.
33. Polish off your usual T-shirt-and-jeans combo with a pair of gold hoops to easily transform your outfit into *casual-chic*.
These simple thick hoop will liven up your clothes without detracting from its simplicity. Hand-polished, and crafted with secure click-top technology ensuring the wear comfortable
34. Feel like you're lounging in your favorite sweatshirt, but actually look sophisticated enough for work by relying on an oversized, blouse-like tunic.
Effortless seaside designs for a laidback, throw-on-and-go approach to dressing.
35. Invest in a splurge-worthy statement purse to instantly update every single look in your closet.
The compact Captain Bucket Bag is handmade from refined leather with detachable handles. For day-to-day or wild nights out.
36. Liven up your wardrobe with some unexpected texture, like a pom-pom straw bag.
Round tote made from woven straw featuring pom-pom accent at top handle.
37. Using a fabric defuzzer to make all your clothes look totally new.
The Conair Battery Operated Fabric Defuzzer is a household must have to keep your garments looking and feeling like new. This fabric defuzzer quickly and evenly shaves unwanted fuzz, lint, and pilling. It is easy-to-use and adjusts to accommodate different fabric types.
38. Transform old jeans.
Cut the hems of old jeans to transform them from run-of-the-mill to the right on-trend frayed denim you see all over Instagram.
39. Dramatize the usual no-brainer shirt-and-jeans combo by flaunting a top with statement sleeves.
For a more subtle look, you can go with a simple bell sleeve like this red and white striped Style Mafia top or you can go super bold with a multi-layer ruffle sleeve like the blue off-the-shoulder Endless Rose version
40. Throw on a pair of faux leather pumps so you can dress up every outfit you own (over-worn denim included) and keep all your favorite looks on heavy rotation.
“I am a tall, plus-sized girl with feet problems and these look really polished without wearing a tall heel. I purchased the silver glitter color. I really like these shoes. I have worn them twice already.” – Kandestilo
41. Throw on a pair of trendy mirrored sunglasses so your outfits don't reflect how long you laid in bed this morning.
SojoS's anti-reflective sunglasses with HD polarized lenses can filter out sunlight reflected glare, and protect your eyes from long term damage by blocking 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays.
42. Complete your entire outfit without much thought at all by turning to a matching top-and-skirt set.
Two pieces boho high waist shorts with a crop top in various styles. Sets with off-shoulder and long sleeve are available. Embroidery, 3/4 sleeves, loose casual style.
43. Shout advanced action gel to remove stains.
Identify pesky stains and remedy them with the proper antidote.
44. Explore new styles.
Explore new styles that your friends definitely won't have. Shop from cult-favorite online international stores for a unique, new look without crossing ~the pond~ or even your room.