After a long day, many women can prove a glass of vino's healing powers. However, booze could be wonderful for your hair and skin as well. That's right! More and more brands are looking for the advantage of particular ingredients found in alcohol. Here's how to get on with the trend–without the massive hangover the following day.
1. Hydrates and repairs stressed-damaged hair. (Bekura’s Vanilla-Whiskey Hair Soak)
Vanilla Whiskey Restoring Hair Soak has a malt extract obtained from Scottish whiskey that's filled with natural sugars & minerals including vitamin B6….yielding the absolute combination of hydrating & repairing qualities for stressed-damaged hair.
2. For shinier hair. (Broo Craft Beer Shampoo and Conditioner)
Whitney Bowe, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist in New York City, says: “Two of the main ingredients in beer (mat and hops) are full of nourishing and strengthening proteins that form a protective layer around strands, helping them stay moisturized and shiny from root to tip.”
3. For firm, youthful and glowing skin.
This crème de la crème of anti-aging creams restores glowing, youthful skin with all four of Caudalie’s patented grapevine extracts in one bottle.
4. To get rid of acne (Vodka)
Vodka is a super effective astringent, particularly if you've oily skin that's predisposed to breakouts.
5. It moisturizes and hydrates hair.
Whitney Bowe, M.D. explains “Proline is an amino acid that strengthens and renews aging skin cells, and it is also one of four amino acids used to strengthen the hair shaft. Water molecules are naturally drawn to the chemical structure of glutamic acid, so the presence of it creates moisture for dry hair and skin.”
6. To make your hair frizz-free (vodka)
Whitney Bowe, M.D. states “Vodka has natural antiseptic properties that soak up oil (one of the main causes of acne) from your skin. It also acts as an astringent, which helps to deep-clean pore and tighten the skin.”
7. For the treatment of dandruff (Orzene Beer Shampoo Ultra Light)
The combination of shine elixir, Octopirox and thyme extract, tackles the causes of dandruff appearance on hair, even from the 1st use.
8. For ultra-moisturized, softened skin.
A unique purifying soak comprised of pure sake to detoxify, soften, and even skin tone. This Fresh Rice Sake Bath includes an infusion of exquisite fruit and 38% real sake for an unparalleled sensorial experience.
9. For removing excess dirt and oil (Blind Barber Watermint Gin Facial Cleanser)
Infusing skin with natural hydrating agents and botanical extracts such as juniper berry to help fight acne breakouts while also leaving skin feeling cool and fresh.
10. For glowing skin (Boscia Sake Balm)
“Sake, a Japanese rice wine created by fermenting rice in a process similar to the brewing of beer, contains kojic acid, a compound that naturally minimizes the melanin that your skin produces, which in turn leads to the lightening of skin, thus getting rid of dark spots,” says Whitney Bowe, M.D.
11. For the repair and healing of dry cracked skin (LAFCO House & Home Reparative Hand Cream in Champagne)
Emollient and protective due to the rich concentration of botanical oils including cotton, jojoba, almond, olive, and corn germ oils.
12. For smooth and glossy skin and hair (Redbeard Brew Bars Citrus & Rosemary Beer’d Conditioner)
A conditioner and beard balm that leaves your beard glossy and hair soft.