There are various things happening in the world that only a great quality camera or video can capture. These 21 photos are just some of those that you need to see.
1. Camels in the oil fields during the Gulf War.
2. The First Heart Transplant in Poland
3. The self-immolation of Buddhist Monk Thich Quang Duc in protest of the persecution of Buddhists by the South Vietnamese government.
4. This is what the Earth looks like from an unfamiliar perspective — from that of the Pacific Ocean.
5. The footprints of a monk have become worn into the floor after he prayed at the same spot every day for years on end.
6. A frozen pond in Switzerland.
7. A close up of a human eye reveals in remarkable detail the structures of the iris.
8. The fury of a thunderstorm.
9. The sun, shot in ultraviolet.
10. Thor’s Well, Oregon. Also known as ’the gates of the dungeon.’
11. A fire opal — it really looks like sunset inside a rock!
12. The highest resolution photos ever taken by a telescope of the Orion Nebula.
13. Extreme kayaking near molten lava, Hawaii.
14. Shadows thousands of miles long cast by clouds on Earth’s surface.
15. A temple in Kyoto, Japan, hidden by snow.
16. Birds, lit up by a fire raging below, find their way through thick black smoke.
17. What a solar eclipse looks like from space.
18. The Fukang meteorite, a precious gift the universe brought to Earth, is believed to be some 4.5 billion years old.
19. Hyperion, the tallest tree in the world. It’s 379 ft tall, and approximately 700-800 years old.
20. A turtle riding a jellyfish.
21. Frozen waves on the shores of the island of Nantucket.