Dreaming about having the perfect eyebrows? One of the hottest beauty trends is natural-looking and beautiful eyebrows. We give you a useful and easy guide to have gorgeous eyebrows without spending too much money on makeup artists or salons.
Are your brows thick enough? It is ideal to have thick eyebrows before doing the instructions for best results but don’t worry, you can always try to grow thicker brows. One way is to massage your eyebrows for 3-5 minutes before going to bed by using olive oil, almond oil, or castor oil for faster hair growth. You can also stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair follicles with a healthy diet such as fish (especially salmon), raisins, nuts, and soy products. There is no need to wait longer to try this guide!
Find the perfect eyebrow shape for your face shape:
- If you have an oval face, choose a flat and soft-angled eyebrow shape. Those should go straight up, and then gently curve around at the top.
- For a square face, consider a curved brow shape, soft, or hard-angled shape. Stay clear of thin and short brow shapes.
- If your face is round, try to create as high an arch as you can. Look for a brow shape that follows a straight line to the peak of the brow, and stay away from a rounded brow shape. This will make your face look very round.
- Women with a heart-shaped face should stick with a low arch and rounded brow shape, as it creates a more natural look. Avoid a highly arched brow: it can add length to a shorter heart-shaped face.
Use the ’pencil’ method to identify the three points that you will need to look at when shaping your eyebrow. For the beginning (inside) of the brow, place a pencil in a straight line along the side of your nose. Next, place the pencil on your nose and across your pupil to create the arch at the highest part of your brow. For the end of your brow, move the pencil so that the end of your nostril and the outer edge of your eye are in line.
How to pluck the perfect eyebrows:
When everything is done with the theoretical material, it’s time to take your tweezers and start plucking! These small tips below will lead you to amazing results:
- Be careful when plucking the area above the brow: if you go too far and over-pluck it, the brow will look unnaturally thin. After every few tweezes, take a couple of steps back to see the bigger picture and evaluate the result.
- Make sure you’ve made yourself comfortable and have good lighting. Invest in a high-quality pair of tweezers — this essential instrument you’re using has to be effective in tweezing the eyebrow and grabbing the hair.
- Use a special brush to comb your eyebrows, and trim any hairs that stick up above the brow line with a small pair of nail scissors or eyebrow scissors.
- Run an ice cube over your brows to reduce the redness, swelling, and pain, or apply some skin moisturizer.